Since the Start of 2014, I:
 Got a new piercing.
 Dyed my hair.
 Ended a relationship.
 Started a new relationship.
[x] Been on a long car/bus journey.
[x] Passed an exam.
[x] Met someone who's now an important part of my life.
 Cried on someone's shoulder.
 Had a massive fight with a boy/girl
 Received flowers.
 Had a Valentine.
 Written a letter using pen & paper.
 Gone to see a therapist
 Been prescribed medication by a doctor.
[x] Read a really good book.
 Gone to the zoo.
 Spent too much money on unnecessary things.
 Traveled by train.
 Cried over a member of another gender.
 Spent the day out in the sun getting a tan.
 Slammed a door out of frustration.
 Had an anxiety attack.
 Babysat for a friend's child.
[x] Had a BBQ
 Gone to the fair.
 Seen a film at the cinema in 3D.
 Gone on a date.
 Been the only sober one on a night out.
 Helped someone home after they had been drinking.
 Stayed up all night. (parents don't allow it)
 Talked on the phone for over two hours.
[x] Supported someone who'd received bad news.
 Watched some kind of live sporting event.
 Read an entire book in one day.
 Bought a DVD the day it was released.
 Eaten McDonald's more than four times in a single week.
[x] Cried as a result of exam stress.
[x] Met some incredible new people.
 Gone to great parties.
 Fallen backwards off a chair.
 Broken my glasses.
 Worn a watch for the first time in years.
 Cried over someone in my past.
[x] Spent hours aimlessly browsing the internet.
[x] Thrown up.
 Cried over a film.
 Gone out of my way to avoid an ex-boy/girlfriend.
[x] Fought with someone in public.
 Been in a relationship for a year or longer.
 Cried in front of someone I adore.
[x] Lost one of my closest friends. (if by "lost" you mean "not friends anymore", then yes.)
 Corrected the spelling errors in this meme.
stayed single the whole year
got your first REAL kiss
kissed someone new
made-out for the first time
made-out in/on a car
kissed in the snow
kissed in the rain
fell in love/been in love
had your heart broken
broke someone else's heart
had a stalker
had a good relationship with someone (friendship, yes. no relationships though.)
questioned your sexual orientation (as it turns out, I'm asexual/heteroromantic)
came out of the closet
had a divorce
had a gay marriage
kissed someone of the same sex
dated someone you'll never forget
done something you've regretted
lost someone you truly love
lost faith in love
kissed under mistletoe
got a job
got a promotion
got a pay raise
lost your job
quit your job
dated a co-worker
dated your boss
dated your boss' daughter/son
got fired from your job
got straight A's
met one teacher you really like
met one teacher you really hated
found the subject you love
failed a class
got into a fight with a classmate
did something you were proud of
discovered a new talent
gave the teachers a reason to teach
proved yourself an idiot
embarrassed yourself in front of the class
fell in love with a teacher
got a lead in the school play
made a varsity team (lmfao)
were involved in something you'll never forget
got sent to the office
painted a picture
wrote a poem
ran a mile
listened to music you couldn't stand
went to a sleepover
went to camp/camping
threw a surprise party
laughed until you cried
visited a foreign country
visited a different province
cooked a disastrous meal (my first time making coffee was tough)
lost something important to you
got a gift you adore
realized something new about yourself
tried to gain weight
dyed your hair
came close to losing your life
someone close to you died
went to a party
drank alcohol underage
read a great book
saw a great movie (not in theaters, but yeah.)
saw a movie so scary that it made you cry
saw a band/artist live
saw someone famous in person
did something you want to tell everyone (I can drive now!)
1: What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?
- started driving
- took my first AP test
- sounds boring, but still!
2: Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- haha, I still haven't lost the weight I wanted to lose
- definitely will make more
3: Did anyone close to you give birth?
4: Did anyone close to you die?
- no, thank god
5: What countries did you visit?
6: What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
- lost about 40 lbs
- better grades
- a high score on the SAT and ACT
- getting 5's on my five AP exams in 2015
- get into as many honor societies as possible in my senior year of high school
- get a provisional license
- get a job, or an internship at the very least
- more volunteering
- an acceptance from my choice university
7: What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- really don't know, honestly.
8: What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- getting a decent score on the AP test for a subject I struggled in (US Government and Politics)
- getting my learner's permit!
- getting into math honor society!
9: What was your biggest failure?
- getting a C in government and chemistry at the end of my sophomore year
10: Did you suffer illness or injury?
- nothing other than the typical cold
11: What was the best thing you bought?
- lol I don't buy stuff with my own money because I'm not allowed
- I did get a new laptop, though!
12: Whose behavior merited celebration?
- nobody's, to be quite honest. this year was terrible.
13: Whose behavior made you appalled?
- the Ferguson police department. actually, police everywhere in the US
14: Where did most of your money go?
- see 11
15: What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- Durarara!! x2, I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE MIDDLE SCHOOL FOR THIS (JANUARY 2015!)
16: What song will always remind you of 2014?
- hmm. Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda", probably. or perhaps Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" or "Blank Space"
17: Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
- a. happier. I was a mess in 2013
- b. no change.
- c. no change.
18: What do you wish you'd done more of?
- asking for help
19: What do you wish you'd done less of?
20: How did you spend Christmas?
- it's Christmas today and since we don't celebrate it, I'll probably just study and watch anime like usual. Maybe play some video games.
21: Did you fall in love in 2014?
- not with an irl person
22: What was your favourite TV program?
- anime: favorite of the year is Parasyte
- non-anime: Orphan Black
23: Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
24: What was the best book you read?
- kinda cheating since it's a graphic novel, but Marjane Satrapi's Persepolis is so good.
25: What was your greatest musical discovery?
- I stopped being a pretentious ass and stopped being a bandom person. thank god I'm no longer in bandom. bandom is terrible.
26: What did you want and get?
- new laptop!
- learner's permit!
27: What did you want and not get?
- anime keychains lol
28: What was your favourite film of this year?
- I didn't watch any of this year's movies lol
29: What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- not sure. getting my laptop? the breaks in the year? anime? who knows
30: How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
- hoodies, black pants, sneakers, hair tied in ponytail
- although I did get my hair cut in August and it looked super cute. I like having short hair more than long hair, quite honestly.
31: What kept you sane?
- the shows, games, and anime I'm into
32: Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
- Hugh Dancy and Tatiana Maslany. hot damn.
33: What political issue stirred you the most?
- Ferguson and related issues; racism isn't over.
34: Who did you miss?
- my best friend. it's hard when your best friend is over 800 miles away.
35: Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
- stay focused on what you want. abandon people who you don't feel like you have a satisfying friendship with anymore. grades are really fucking important.
36: Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
And I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't"Shake it Out" - Florence + The Machine
So here's to drinks in the dark at the end of my road
And I'm ready to suffer and I'm ready to hope
It's a shot in the dark aimed right at my throat
'Cause looking for heaven, found the devil in me
Looking for heaven, found the devil in me
Well what the hell I'm gonna let it happen to me, yeah